TikTok's Back to Business Program FAQs
Our top priority is the health and development of your business and community. We understand the important role small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) play in building communities, and we are committed to empowering them during this time of uncertainty.
In an effort to support your business, we are introducing our TikTok Back to Business Program, which offers free ad credit to eligible SMBs helping them jumpstart their business during this tough time.
- Who is eligible？
If you are a small or medium-sized business, you may be eligible for the program. This includes:
- SMBs who sign up for a new TikTok Ads Manager account, and meet all requirements of the program.
- SMBs who already have an active TikTok Ads Manager account, and meet all requirements of the program.
Note: The program is currently only available for companies who are registered in the following regions: the United States, United Kingdom, Italy, France, Spain, India, Australia, Russia, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt, Turkey, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Japan.
- What kind of support is available?
We are supporting eligible SMB advertisers in two ways. Eligible advertisers may take advantage of both types of support:
- A one-time free ad credit worth $300 USD to be used by December 31, 2020.
- Additional spending matched 1-to-1 with free ad credit, up to 2,000 USD per business.
Note: Amount and currency vary by country.
- If I have multiple SMB accounts, how many accounts are eligible?
The ad account you registered with using your business license will be eligible for the program. Each business entity is eligible for only one ad account.
If you have multiple ad accounts, each using a different business license, then you may be eligible to claim your ad credit for each account separately.
Note: Eligibility will be based on the documents you submit during registration, including business ID, legal name of business, company phone number, name of the legal representative and business license (optional).
- What are the criteria for successfully claiming ad credit?
- Pass the account review process and have a "good to go" account.
- Pass the business verification, status showing as "verified".
- Successfully bind your credit card to your account.
- The daily cap for ad credit claiming is not reached in the region.
- No abnormal behavior is detected in the account.
5. Can I participate in this program if I'm not an SMB advertiser?
This program is designed specifically for SMBs to offer help and support. If you are not a SMB advertiser, please view our website for other resources and updates.
- Why did the verification fail?
There are several possible reasons:
- Your business ID verification failed.
- You didn’t enter the full company name, or the company name is not consistent with other business information.
- The company phone number is not consistent with other business information.
- The name of the legal representative is not consistent with other business information.
- Your business certificate has not been verified.
- How long does it take for the business verification of the program?
Within 1-3 working days.
- Where can I find my verification status?
Please go to https://ads.tiktok.com/i18n/account/complete and view the notification prompt under the "Verification" section.
Ad Credit Rules:
- Why wasn’t my top up amount matched with free credit?
The top up amount will be matched with free ad credit up to 2,000 USD. Any top up amount exceeding this value will not be matched.
Note: Amount and currency vary by country.
2. Is ad credit redeemable or transferrable?
No, ad credit is not redeemable or transferrable.
3. How long is the ad credit valid for?
The ad credit will be valid until December 31, 2020.
4. Why is my ad credit frozen?
If your account has been flagged for safety reasons due to irregularities on the account, please file an appeal by uploading more documents to our advertiser support system. To access this system, go to your TikTok Ads Manager and click on the question mark icon in the top-right corner.
Other Related FAQs:
- Why did I get rejected or am asked for further verification after registering or logging into my account?
- It is possible that your account has been flagged for account safety reasons. Further identity and document verification may be required when suspicious or unusual activity is detected.
- Are there any restrictions concerning promoted content?
- Advertisers on TikTok are responsible for their ads complying with all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the ad targeting regions, being honest about the products or services the ad is promoting, creating truthful ads, and advertising safely. Please check our advertising policies .
- In addition, advertisers must also comply with the TikTok Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, and all other TikTok policies governing the use of our services.
Was this information helpful?