About Choosing Event Type When Creating Website Traffic Audience
How do conversion types (old version) and event types (new version) compare?
In order to optimize ad delivery and maximize your ROI, we have fully upgraded the TikTok pixel with updated and standardized event types. Please refer to the following chart to compare conversion types (old version) and event types (new version).
|Conversion Type (old version)||Event Type (new version)|
|View content||Page Browse|
|Click button||Button Click|
|Form submission||Form Submission|
|Start trial||Download Button Click|
What new event types have been added?
In order for you to better understand the new event types, we've created business scenarios that help categorize a set of events under a specific scenario.
This makes it easier to understand which event type to add as a user moves through the entire funnel for each scenario. Setting up events through each step of the funnel helps you measure and optimize your ads for conversions.
The scenarios currently available include e-commerce events, form submission events, consultation events, apk download events, and custom events. The following chart shows all event types under each scenario. Please note that newly-added event types are in light blue and existing event types are in dark blue.
|Event Types in the New Version|
|E-commerce Events||Form Submission Events||Consultation |
|App Download Events||Custom Events|
|User Registration||Details Page Browse(Form)||Details Page Browse(Consultation)||Details Page Browse (App Download)||Page Browse|
|Product Details Page Browse||Button Click (Form)||Button Click (Consultation)||Button click (App Download)||Button Click|
|Add to Cart||Form Submission||Consultation||Download Button Click||Online Consultation|
|Place an Order||All the events left-side|
Detailed explanations for each new event types are below:
- User Registration: A user registers on your website.
- Product Details Page Browse: A user browses merchandise.
- Add to Cart: A user selects and adds an item to a shopping cart.
- Place an Order: A user is ready to pay for the order.
- Complete Payment: A user completed a purchase.
Form Submission Events
- Details Page Browse (Form): A user browses the details of a form submission.
- Button Click (Form): A user clicks a button to submit a form.
- Form Submission: A user completed a form submission.
- Details Page Browse (Consultation): A user browses a details page from a consultation entry.
- Button Click (Consultation): A user clicks a consultation contact button.
- Consultation: A user starts to chat on your website for consultation.
App Download Events
- Details Page Browse (App Download): A user browses the details of the app download page.
- Button Click (App Download): A user clicks a button to download an app.
- Download Button Click: A user jumps to an external browser and starts to download apk package.
- Page Browse: A user browses a certain page.
- Button Click: A user clicks a certain button on a page.
- Online Consultation: A user chats for consultation on your website.
Note: In addition to the three unique custom event types above, custom events can also contain any event types in the other four business scenarios.
Was this information helpful?