Automatic Placement and Select Placement
About Ad Placement
TikTok Ad Manager gives you access to TikTok ads' family of apps giving advertisers numerous options when deciding what type of placement is best.
While we recommend delivering your ads across our family of apps to increase potential traffic. You can always select your preferred placement type when creating an ad group.
The current placements through TikTok Ads Manager are:
- TikTok: In-feed ads on the "For You" page
- News Feed Apps (TopBuzz, BuzzVideo, News Republic, etc.): Newsfeed ads and Detail page ads
- Pangle (TikTok Audience Network)
- Not all placements are available. Availability depends on the ad type, targeting, ad creation and country of delivery. Please view here to obtain the latest information of available placements.
- There are two types of placements: automatic placement and select placement. Please keep in mind that the placement setting cannot be changed after an ad group is created.
Automatic Placement uses all the available placements to offer you the best result for your ad. In this mode, the ad system can explore and learn from the most extensive audience scope and place your ads across our various applications. We recommend this type of placement to most advertisers.
Please note that our delivery system aims to create the most targeted results with the overall minimum average delivery costs, not based on the specific minimum average costs of each placement.
During the delivery of your ads, the machine focuses on the chance that your ad can be placed within your selected placements based on relatively low actual bid. Essentially, the cost you see is the best choice provided according to the system taking active users, competition environment, your own bid and budget upon delivery into consideration.
In contrast, if the ad system delivers all your ads in the placements that you consider as the lowest cost, it may fail to achieve the same results and delivery may be inefficient.
However, with automatic placement, the system uses a smart calculation to give you the best combination of ad placements possible across our app portfolio. This means you can spend less time fine tuning your ad placements, and more time focusing on your business.
Select Placement lets you manually choose the apps you wish to deliver your ads on. If you use this method, we do recommend selecting multiple placements (more than one app) so that our system has some flexibility to deliver your ads and maximize results.
Was this information helpful?