What's Next 2023 Trend Report
Welcome to the 2023 edition of What's Next, the trend forecast that helps marketers show up strong on TikTok in the new year.
We identified this year's trends by analyzing changes in certain social and cultural sentiments and what that will mean for TikTok user behavior. Then, we backed up our predictions with global research and case studies to ensure they were grounded in truth. And we tied it all together with advice on how to leverage these trends—so you can stay ahead of the curve.
The three trend forces that will define the year
What's Next 2023 focuses on three main macro trend forces: Actionable Entertainment, Making Space For Joy, and Community-Built Ideals. These core shifts will influence how marketers speak to their target audiences in the upcoming year.
To help break down these forces, we asked TikTok creator and marketing expert Andrea Casanova (@latinapreneur) to explain them from her point of view:
What else is in the report?
What's Next 2023 dives into these macro trend forces in more detail, outlining:
- Custom research on why they're happening and what they mean
- Trend examples that ladder up to our key forces
- Creative frameworks for marketers
- Product solutions that allow marketers to get trend-driven content in front of eyeballs
- Advice on tracking trends on your own in 2023, so you can always be on the ball
- Thoughts from @latinapreneur on what this all means for marketing in the new year