- An app ID can only be applied to one app.
- A single app/app ID entity can be created only once in the Events Manager. After creation, it can be modified, but not recreated or deleted.
How to Create a New App
- Go to the TikTok Ads Manager "Assets" > "Event" page. Click on "Manage" under App Event.
- Click "Create New App" and a pop-up will appear.
- Add you app store link and click "Next".
Note: You can include parameters, such as language, within the URL link.
4. For Tracking Settings, select your Mobile Measurement Partner (MMP) from the drop-down list.
Note: While we recommend using a measurement partner for tracking, if you do not use a third-party ad measurement service, you may also complete the app creation process. However, TikTok Ads Manager will only be able to measure sending traffic to your app store, not conversion data. After creating your app, you can always go back later to add a measurement partner's click tracking and default impression URL. You can do so by clicking "Add Tracking" on the app details page.
5. After selecting your measurement partner, you will need to enter your tracking URLs. Then, click "Next".
- For setting up app events, TikTok Ads Manager will Identify the app vertical automatically and display the corresponding in-app events we support and recommend mapping, as well as the descriptions of each in-app event. You can also switch to other verticals and see all the events TikTok Ads Manager supports.
Note: Based on the recommended events, you will need to then configure the app events postback in your MMP. It is not a must to set up all the recommended events. You can make adjustments according to your promotion goals. However, conversion data will not be measured in TikTok Ads Manager until you configure the events in your MMP. After an event is linked with your app, we recommend you monitor the app and check that the tracking information is accurate.
7. Click "Done" to create your new app.