App Activity audience is a Custom Audience option that allows you to create an audience of users who have completed certain events within your app.
Available events: Activate, Register, Purchase, Day 2 Retention, Checkout, Add to Cart and View Content.
With this type of Custom Audience, you can target your ads to people who have previously used your app, but whom you want to engage in further with.
Note: App Activity Audience is now auto-refreshed, for more details please see Custom Audience Auto-Refresh.
Prerequisite of Using This Feature
Event Set up: Configure app events and access to post back event data to TikTok on your third-party tracking platform.
Please ensure that you turn on the in-app events option in your third-party tracking platform for the App Activity audience to work properly. Once turned on, the "Install" event will be posted back by default unless you configure it for other events.
To Create App Activity Audience
Go to the Audience section under Assets.
- Click on "Create Audience", choose "Custom Audience" and select "App Activity".
- Under the "Include", select the event type and time period.
- Click "Add exclusion" and enter event type and time period if you want to exclude certain users from being added to your list. You can skip this step if you want to include everyone.
- For example, we will select users who "Install" in the past 30 days and exclude those who "Purchase" in the past 30 days.
- Name your audience.
- Click "Confirm" to create your audience.
- The minimum audience size needs to be 1,000 in order for you to be able to use the audience in an ad group.
- App Activity Audience is now auto-refreshed.
- Events available to be tracked may vary among different third-party trackers. To view a list of events supported by different third-party tracking platforms, please refer to Third Party Tracking.
Was this information helpful?