If you have previously gone through the process of integrating server-to-server APIs with other publishers, you may be able to utilize the same process and integration methods to share Event data with TikTok’s Events API.
Otherwise, if you are new to the process of integrating with a server-to-server API, please consider the following steps to best manage this process.
Key Progress to make
Secure Stakeholder Buy-in
It is important to secure leadership buy-in across Marketing, Engineering, and Legal teams to fully leverage Events API to:
- Future-proof your business in the changing ads ecosystem.
- Allow unobstructed event sharing between your business and TikTok to reach your marketing objectives.
Document Marketing Requirements
- Document the Event and Matching data that best aligns with your business to reach your marketing objectives.
Choose an Integration Method
Integration methods you should consider when thinking about integrating with Events API:
- Commerce Partner Integration
- Data Partner Integration
- Direct API integration (in-house development)
Ensure that you have the correct resources secured for either integration method by working with your internal teams to establish the best method for your business.
Choose a Setup Scenario
Choose the best way to set up Web Tracking with TikTok for your business by setting up Events API as a standalone integration, or together with the Pixel. If you have chosen an Events API setup with the Pixel, please refer to our deduplication section.
Review Technical Documentation
Review the appropriate documentation depending on the chosen integration method:
- Partner Integration; Learn more about TikTok Partners integrated with Events API.
- Direct API Integration; Share our Developer Documentation with your development team to follow our best practices.
Review Privacy and Data Usage
Our goal is to help businesses reach the people they care about in a creative and meaningful way, while also giving our community control over what information is shared. Please ensure that your legal teams have reviewed and approved TikTok's Privacy and Data Usage policies and terms:
- How data shared through Events API is used: TikTok Business Products (Data) Terms
- How TikTok honors users' in-app and device-level privacy settings: Safety Center
Manage Project Timeline
We suggest building a timeline that takes into account approvals, integration and setup methods, and in-house development or partner engagement resources.
Implement Events API
Once all of the above has been aligned internally, you are ready to set up Events API with your in-house developers or one of our partners.
Verify your Events API setup with our Web Diagnostics tools.