About TikTok Pixel
What is TikTok Pixel?
A TikTok pixel is an HTML code snippet that gets loaded whenever a user visits a website. When a user gets to your site, the pixel fires and will track the user's behavior and conversions.
Pixels are necessary to acquire the data marketers need to gain a better understanding of how visitors interact with your site. Some common uses of a pixel include:
- Measuring campaign performance: Measure your ad performance and conversions based on a series of events you define.
- Optimizing ad delivery: Setting an event as your optimization goal allows the system to target users who are most likely to do that action on your site, like adding to cart, registering, completing payment, etc.
- Building audiences based on behavior: Track users on your site and then create Custom Audiences or Lookalike Audiences based on how they engaged and where they dropped off in your funnel. These audiences can then be used for remarketing.
How to Set Up TikTok Pixel?
To set up the TikTok Pixel and get the most out of it, you will need to follow six main steps:
- Create pixel: Name your pixel and get the pixel code.
- Install pixel: You can add the pixel code onto your website manually or through Google Tag Manager.
- Download TikTok Pixel Helper: You can use TikTok Pixel Helper to check whether the pixel code is added correctly and whether the events can be triggered successfully.
- Choose an industry category: Choose an industry category that matches your business scenario to create a series of events accordingly.
- Define events: Define a series of events to track user actions. You can define tracking rules for each event by choosing either Element Click or Destination URL.
- Create ads and view data: At ad group level, link the pixel and choose an event as the optimization goal. After your campaign goes live, you can view all event data within Event Manager.
The TikTok Pixel is a valuable tool for business owners to get the most out of their ads. Now that you know what a pixel is and its benefits, the first step to tracking users on your site is to create a TikTok Pixel.
Was this information helpful?