Step 1: Placements
- Automatic placement: If you select "Automatic Placement", we will optimize delivery across all placements under TikTok Ads Manager.
- Refer to Automatic Placement and Select Placement for more details on select vs automatic placements.
- Select placement: If you choose "Select Placement", you can manually choose where your ads appear.
- Refer to Placements and Available Locations to learn more about your placement options.
- Block list (Pangle): To ensure Brand Safety, undesired media placements of Pangle can be added to Block List to help prevent your ads from appearing. However, this will decrease the reach of your ads. Block list using Pangle is currently only available in Japan.
- Refer to Block List for more information on blocking placements using Pangle.
Step 2: Ad Details
- Promotion Type: Depending on your campaign objective, you can choose from two promotional types, app install and website. Some campaign objectives set this by default.
- Display Name: Enter the brand name or app name you want to display to your audience.
- Profile Image: Upload your profile image. The profile image will be shown to your audience as part of the ad. The image aspect ratio must be 1:1 and no more than 50 KB.
- Category: Select an ad category that accurately describes your promotion. This helps our advertising optimization model run more effectively.
- Ad Tags: Describe your App/Website with accurate keywords (limit of 20 tags). Our algorithms will use the tags to match your ads with our audience.
- User Comment: If "User Comment" is turned off, your audience will not be able to comment on your ads on TikTok.
Video Download: If "Video Download" is turned off, your audience will not be able to download your video ads on TikTok.
Step 3: Creative Type
Step 4: Targeting
Step 5: Budget & Schedule
- Budget: Whether you set a "Daily Budget" (no less than $20) or a "Lifetime Budget" (no less than $20), your ad spend for the ad group will not exceed the budget.
- See more details in About Budget.
- Schedule: Under "Schedule”, you can set the start and end time for your ads. You can choose a date range to run your ad or continuously run your ad after the start date.
- Dayparting: This allows you to select certain time periods within the day. The selected time period ranges from half an hour to 24 hours
- If you select "All day", your ads will run throughout the day during the scheduled campaign time.
- If you choose "Select Specific Time", your ads will run at specific time periods during the scheduled campaign time.
- Note: The time zone for this "Select Specific Time" is based on the time zone set by your account.
Step 6: Bidding & Optimization
- Optimization Goal: There are three types of optimization goals to choose from: "Conversion", "Click" and "Reach". Some campaign objectives will set this by default.
- Billing Event: The system automatically sets the billing event based on the "Optimization Goal".
- If your optimization goal is "Reach", your ads will be billed as CPM (Cost Per Mille).
- If your optimization goal is to "Click", your ad will be billed as CPC (Cost Per Click).
- If your optimization goal is "Conversions", your bidding method is oCPC (optimization Cost Per Click) and the payment method is CPC.
- See more details in Bidding Methods on TikTok Ads Manager.
- Smart Optimization: This allows you to decide how the system optimizes conversion events and conducts smart delivery. We recommend you activate "Smart Optimization" for efficient conversions.
- See more details in Smart Optimization.
- Bid Strategy: In "Standard Bid" mode, the system tends to control your cost per result more strictly so that the average cost per result stays within your bid throughout the delivery process.
- Bidding: Set how much you are willing to pay per thousand impressions, per click, or per conversion, and our algorithm will deliver you ads based on your bid.
- Delivery Type: There are two different ad delivery strategies to determine how your ad budget will be spent. You can choose either "Standard" or "Accelerate".
- "Standard": Your ad budget will be spent evenly during the scheduled campaign time.
- "Accelerate": Your ad budget will be spent as quick as possible during the scheduled campaign time.
- See more details in Delivery Type.
- Third-party tracking settings: In order to help you track your ad performance and attribution, we have partnered with several third-party tracking platforms.
- Please refer to Third-party Tracking for a list of supported platforms.
Note: Once your ad group is created, the "Start Date", "Optimization Goal", "Conversion Event"and "Smart Optimization" cannot be changed.